Beats, Life & Graphics

………………………………………………………..

$ € ® © ♂ ™ ♀ ♫ ✝ ✡ ♛ $

mercredi 20 février 2013


Keke Palmer to Play Chilli in TLC Biopic
Keke Palmer has nabbed the role of Rozonda 'Chilli' Thomas in VH1’s movie about '90s R&B/hip hop group TLCLast week it was announced that Lil Mama would taking on the role of Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes in the film.
The 19-year-old is ecstatic to be in the TLC movie and tells Vibe.com how she was a huge fan of the Grammy Award-winning trio growing up. "I would sing ‘No Scrubs’ over and over again to the point my parents would have to tell me to stop, but I never did. I had my little hairbrush as my mic and nobody could tell me I wasn't the fourth member of TLC."
Upon the announcement of Palmer’s addition to the movie, many complained that the singer/actress looks nothing like Chilli. Palmer responded via Twitter:
"People kill me, I don't remember Angela Bassett looking ANYTHING like Tina Turner. And she RIPPED that role...People need to realize that movies aren't casted by people looking like who they're playing. They're casted by who can do the role."
To the fans concerned whether Palmer will nail her role she says, "I am a true fan. I love these ladies and I always want to be proud of my work in any role that I do." 
Palmer previous acting credits include her breakout role in 2006’s Akeelah & The Bee, the Nickelodeon show True Jackson, VP, Lifetime's TV movie The Carlina White Story and 2012’s Joyful Noise. She's also been working on her music career with a mixtape released in October and hopefully a second studio LP later this year.
It’s also reported that The Game actress Drew Sidora is cast as Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins. The TLC biopic will start filming next month in Georgia.
Lire la suite.

Lil Mama
Lil’ Mama is making her way back into the spotlight in a role that could be career altering.
Hip hop legend MC Lyte let the cat out of the bag recently, disclosing that the "Lip Gloss" rapper will portray the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes in a new VH1 biopic on the '90s R&B group TLC.
"I don't know if I'm supposed to say, but I will, she just got the role of Left Eye in TLC's new movie. So I am just so excited for her," Lyte told Hip Hollywood.
Lil Mama is no stranger to Left Eye's musical legacy, as she was also featured on the fallen singer's posthumous album, Eye-Legacy, in 2009.
Lyte also revealed that she is working on a collaborative album, Hip Hop Sisters, with the formerAmerica's Best Dance Crew.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts